Do you know how…
to make an original pizza?
The Flàmmeküeche means blaze pie. This dish is a classic for the Alsace region (North East).
How to pronounce it?
- Pizza crust
- best option ask your favorite Italian place if you can buy some dough
- 4 medium size white onions
- 12 oz sliced cured salt pork – bacon works as well…
- 1 cup (200gr) sour cream
- 1 cup (200gr) cottage cheese or plain yogurt
- 2 pinches of salt
- best option “Fleur de sel”
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- best option fresh-ground pepper
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- For the preparation: a pinch of flour and an olive oil drop will be necessary
- Preheat your oven at 355° (180°).
- Slice finely your onions. Cook them in a pan at medium heat with a dash of olive oil and one crack of black pepper for about 5 minutes. You want them to become transparent but not brown!
- Cut your cured salt pork in a square. A tip is to use a pair of scissor J much easier
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, the cottage cheese and the spices
- Take your dough and sprinkle flour on it and on your pastry roll. Work the dough until you can spread it flat with the desired shape (rectangle recommended). This is your creative part ;)
- Prepare your oven sheet with wax paper. Sprinkle a little bit of flour and oil to avoid any stick
- Put the dough on your oven sheet. Make a first layer of sour cream/cottage cheese, then add the onion and finish with the meats.
- Cook it for about 15 minutes or until brown at 355°
- Enjoy your Flàmmeküeche!
After it cools off a little, you can cut it in small squares and serve it as appetizer at your next party. Your friend will be nicely surprised!
Don’t forget. Eat it with your fingers. It tastes better that way, according to the true old Alsatian peasant
Bon Appétit !
Enjoy your meal!