Do you want to …
Prepare a delicious French breakfast?
Pain Perdu is a grandmother’s easy recipe. They used stale bread from the day before for the next morning.
- Slices of bread
- best option: stale baguette or farmhouse bread; otherwise any type of bread. In my opinion, avoid rye bread.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (25cl) milk
- 1/3 of a cup (75gr) sugar
- best option: brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: cinnamon gives a good taste…
- Butter for your skillet
- Prepare 3 bowls -#1: milk – #2: beat eggs – # 3: sugar with cinnamon
- Dip each slice in bowl #1 and #2. Let the bread soaks up the mixture
- Throw the bread in a warm buttery skillet (medium high heat)
- Fry until brown, then flip the bread
- When hot, dip the slice of bread in the bowl #3, the sugar mixture
- Enjoy your Pain perdu!
For a nice presentation, you can display your toast in a pyramid.
If you cannot eat them all at once, you can keep them for a couple of days!
Bon Appétit !
Enjoy your meal!